Saturday, December 17, 2016

HOW TO BUILD AND EARN YOUR DREAM HOME FROM YOU PRESENT INCOME? [PT4]

SO HERE IS THE PLAN OF THIS MAN AS HE NARRATED;

1.     I came back home that day and sit up my wife and my much younger children to hold a crucial meeting for progress. And I broke the news to them that we will not be eating 3 times a day again o! it will be once or twice a day! Then my wife asked, ‘Hope all is well? Darling what is going on? Have you lost your Job? I replied immediately, ‘No, everything is alright! It’s just that I am angry at the rate at which we had been consuming and eating our duplex and mansion for a long time! I have come to tell us that we are to cooperate together to build our own house in this Lagos before it’s too late. So in the light of that, no more weekend outings, no more weekend shopping, no more over spending, in fact we will be on budget and when the stipulated amount is exhausted, we will wait till the following month. It was easy to say, but it wasn’t easy to experience. But I have no choice even though my earning was not much.

2.     So I began to contribute [saving with thrift society] at least N10,000 each month  with the purpose of collecting it at the end of the year. And at the end of the year I was able to raise some hundreds of thousands of Naira to pay installment payment for a land property at igando, Lagos. Though it wasn’t easy but I have to do it! However it dawn on me that if you are determined to do anything, nothing in this world can stop you.

3.     Though the contribution still continues so as to pay the remaining balance of the land, yet I was removing some percentage from my earnings to buy Blocks. Sometimes I buy N1000 [one thousand Naira] Blocks when a block was N50, so I could buy and move 20 pieces of blocks to the site. Sometimes when I receive a cash gift, they will all go for Blocks, just making sure that 10 blocks, 20 blocks, 40 blocks or 100 blocks are being moved into the site every week and before long, we had enough blocks to complete 4 units of 3bedroom flats.  And while we await the Building start-up, I was using the land for farming so it was easy to start the house foundation.
4.     You must understand that immediately you made up your mind to sacrifice for any project, you will be pushed to sacrifice more and more just to see the fulfillment of that project come to pass. We had no choice but to sacrifice the expensive school fee of our children for a low paying one. I even further instructed my wife that whenever she wants to serve me food, the fish or meat must not be more than one! It was that serious!
5.     Get involved in all the building process with your family so as to cut cost of man power. Whenever we were building, I, my wife, my children and some of my relatives will come to join in assisting the experts in the building process. It was a sweet adventure indeed! Just anything is possible. Just like Dr. David Oyedepo would say, ‘if you think enough, what you have is enough’.
6.     All the house materials were being bought one after the other, one by one, little by little and as we approach the roofing stage, I told the team that we are holding on to recoup fund. So it was and in six months time we had gathered some measurable amount that could pay for the roofing but I must say in all the building there was an invisible hand that was providing for the project. It just reminds me of an author that said, ‘when you desire and determined to get anything, even the universe will conspire to support the goal or cause’.

7.     if you truly want anything, it will show in your actions and moves. It will be paramount in your heart. If it does not move you, then you are not yet ready. The building of my own house got deep into me that all I could think and do was the house project. Every calls, moves, meetings and working were for the housing project. I was absolutely emotional about it as well as serious to see it manifested in reality. And today it stands as a Testimony and a success story for all to do likewise. It was that half-schooled gate man that I, a graduate of Economics got it from and I implemented it and got the same result. You too can get the same result if you so choose to plug yourself into it.


8.     Today the house is completed; I and my family are living in one of the 3bed room flat while the remaining 3 units of 3 bed room flats are being occupied by tenants and am being paid on yearly basis. Today we can eat as much as we want, go shopping whenever we want to, live well with rest of mind and send our children to the best school in town. It was a price we paid so we are qualified to enjoy the prizes! Of which you too can enjoy as well, irrespective of where you work or what you earn.



No comments:

Post a Comment